Attention Business Owners: The secret to a successful social media page is engagement. Unfortunately most brands forget this and focus only on promoting their brand through all their posts. A business must always remember that the unlike button is exactly where the like button is! What captures your attention when trolling your social media pages? Which pages are your favorite? Please rock the vote – no strings attached:
Shayla Does It provides social media marketing as a service. Business owners either aren’t sure what to post or do not have the time to be consistent. Not all posts will be as popular as others but the key is to remain consistent and engaging. Here are some tried and true tips that will help:
1. Humor: Let’s face it, when looking through social media the funny posts and pictures grab your attention. As a business, humorous posts should remain tasteful and relevant to your industry. Be creative and mix it up!
2. Images: Pictures always add impact to your social media posts. Instead of always using generic pictures you find on-line, post pictures taken from your phone at the place of business or of the actual product. Personal pictures always get the most “likes” and response because it shows customers that you are legit.
3. Consistency: If you have a social media page for your business, you must make time to maintain it on a regular basis or your followers will lose interest in your posts and page. This leads to “unlikes” and misjudgments and that just hurts. If you can’t make time to post on your pages regularly, which is at least two times a week but preferably up to 7 depending on the industry of your business, OUTSOURCE IT TO SHAYLA DOES IT!
4. Timing: Spread out your posts and change when you post.
- Do not share or post 3-4 things in one day and then don’t post again for 3 days – be consistent!
- Depending on the nature of your post, change the timing. For example, If you are advertising a special for that day then post as early as possible in the morning because folks tend to check their social media when they get up in the morning.
- Do not be a “facebook whore” and post all day every day. This leads to getting your page “unliked” very quickly. Who wants to be bombarded with posts from anyone?
5. Engagement: Mix up the content of your posts! Don’t push your brand or sales on every post. Your followers will feel overwhelmed and start to ignore your posts, You may lose a customer or scare away new ones. Ask questions to engage your audience, run giveaways, post pictures that are personal, find funny “memes” to post, link to your website, engage in social media traditions, and more! Oh and don’t forget the #hashtags and join conversations to increase your audience.
Shayla Does It knows how to market your business online through social media, websites, email campaigns, and more! Fore more information on our services of for examples of our work – check out our website, www.shayladoesit.com.