Your website is not the Field of Dreams. Just because you build it doesn’t mean people will come to it.
There are some pretty great websites out there but if you can’t find it in a search or on social media then it will not be found. Websites are promoted by sharing your site throughout the “interweb”. 🙂 The more relevant links you have to and from your website, the better looking your site appears to the almighty Google, who determines where you appear in the search engine results. There are many factors they consider when calculating your website’s “page rank”. Although their search algorithms change often, some factors remain the same, such as:
- Domain Longevity
- Website Optimization (keywords tied to images, page content, and page titles)
- Relevant Outgoing Links
- Relevant Links to your website
- Consistent Organic Incoming Traffic
- Complete Online Presence (social media, blogging, review sites, etc…)
- Activity level of Online Presence
You built it so you want people to come, right? You can make your website the Field of Dreams with SEO & Link Building Services.
The first step is to optimize your website through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This will set up your website to appear more relevant to Google and other search engines. Some of the process includes assigning keywords to your pages, ensuring they flow with your ALT image tags and title pages, submitting your profile to all search sites, and more techy actions.
Once your website is fully optimized, it will help to possibly appear on the search engine results, but probably never on the first page. If you continue drawing traffic to your site, it will appear higher and higher in the search engine results over time. This is where the need for SEO & Link Building services comes in. This is typically a monthly service that you will outsource to an expert because as a small business owner, you just don’t have the time to keep up with it and probably not even the knowledge. Hey, here’s a good spot to market my business: Shayla Does It offers webdesign, SEO & link-building services!
Even if you don’t use Shayla Does It, ensure that your link builder is doing at least some of the following:
- Creating a blog page on your site and writing/posting blogs on a regular basis with relevant links in the blog.
- Finding blogs in your industry and asking popular bloggers for interview opportunities and links to your site
- Finding industry-related blogs and commenting with links to your blog or site.
- Sharing your blogs in related communities and popular blog or social media sites
- Enhancing your profile on all search engines and review sites (adding all contact info and links to your sites, pictures, etc…)
- Posting positive reviews from their personal site on all “review sites” (i.e. yelp, yellowpages, superpages, facebook, etc…)
- Possibly maintain your social media sites to include links in posts, or at least post to your social media sites with links from their personal site
- There are many more link building opportunities; these are just the tip of the iceberg!
BEWARE of purchasing links because they are typically spam and Google will recognize spam links and penalize your page rank..
“What Google giveth, Google taketh away!”
I hope this blog clarifies SEO & link building a little bit. If you would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact Shayla Does It Business Services and together we can make your site the Field of Dreams!