It’s normal for people to want instant results in this age of fast food, online shopping and texting. On the internet people are naturally impatient, and websites that take too long to load are often abandoned. Also in the world of SEO, there will be some clients who want instant results, and unfortunately some SEO companies give them what they want, or more accurately what they think they want.
These clients get the instant improvements they want with paid traffic or paid backlinking, only to find out later on that Google does not agree with the SEO methods employed. After a few weeks of getting a lot of traffic, they realize that their website no longer appears on Google’s search results at all. They lose all their traffic, perhaps forever.
Proper SEO requires organic growth. Basically what this means is that you want your website to become popular with search engines in a way that seems natural and inevitable. Google prides itself on being the search engine that gives its users the websites they’re looking for. The best SEO services act as a bridge that helps Google recognize the real utility of your website for potential visitors. This is why developing an organic, aggressive marketing plan including monthly SEO & Link Building Services is necessary to increase search engine results and page rankings.
Reasons why a monthly SEO & Link Building campaign needs time to generate rank improvement:
- Organic traffic is necessary – Google doesn’t want instant improvements (i.e. paid submissions, traffic, or backlinks). Google hates it when you suddenly shoot up in the rankings. They’ll know you tried to manipulate your rankings and they’ll penalize you for it, and in most cases they’re right to be suspicious. For example, if you have a thousand new backlinks or hits to your website overnight, that’s obviously artificially generated. They want to see organic growth over time. SEO is a marathon, not a sprint!
- Backlinks – Google checks backlinks because they are a sign of your website’s relevance and helpfulness. It’s as if other people have found the info in your website so compelling that they link to your website on their own sites. Google algorithms know this is a natural occurance; a few links per week as opposed to thousand websites discovering and linking to your website all at once.
- Website Updates – It takes time to register changes to your website. Part of a proper SEO plan should be to optimize your website for search engine results through keywords, alt image tags, search engine descriptions, meta tags, etc…. Your SEO company should make changes to your website and site map when Google makes changes to their algorithms (filters) that may affect your ranking results. Keep in mind that Google doesn’t monitor your website on a 24/7 basis. In other words, the Google bots roaming the Internet and noting the features of all the websites in cyberspace may not come back to your website for a while. Therefore the changes you’ve made may not register with Google right away and may take months to register in their database.
- Keyword searches – Part of SEO is to optimize your website and set it up properly with specific keywords that are repeated in a strategic way throughout your website. Keywords take months or longer to generate enough popularity to show up on a search result. Many businesses think their business name should show as a top search engine result immediately, but Google considers a business name to be a keyword. Domain names help to “speed up” the process but it still takes time. Getting to the top of a Google search requires an aggressive marketing plan.
- Complete Online Presence – Google wants to see organic traffic coming from different kinds of websites, including social media sites and other search engine sites. They will recognize how many social media sites you are on and how active you are on them (i.e. facebook, pinterest, etc…). They give some social media sites more page rank than others. Google also wants to see that you have a profile submitted and claimed on all search engine sites. They recognize traffic and reviews that come from those sites (i.e. yellowpages, yelp, bing, etc…)
SEO is competitive. This is why monthly SEO & link building services are so important to continue to draw organic traffic to your website and improve your rank in search engine results. For more information on SEO & link building services, please contact Shayla Does It Business Services.
If you want to appear on the front page of Google search engine results, you must have an organic, aggressive SEO and link building marketing plan. Regardless of your plan, you simply have to accept that improvements in your rankings can take weeks, months or even longer. IN THE BIG INTERNET RACE, SEO IS A MARATHON AND NOT A SPRINT!