Because we are internet marketing pros, it comes very easy to find humor in what we do. Maybe these memes are only humorous to computer nerds like us. We hope you agree with the selection of Top 10 Internet Marketing Memes & Comics that we collected from the interweb. Feel free to comment with your favs as well. By the way, this is just a numbered list and are in no particular ranking order. Enjoy my fellow geeky digital marketers!
Online marketing is like a B.L.T. sandwich – you have to have all the ingredients for it to work. If you don’t have the bacon, lettuce, or tomato then it’s not a winner. The ingredients for a winning online marketing campaign must include onsite seo, offsite seo, and social media marketing.
There are many factors that influence rankings on search engines (such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo). Those who practice the best and most up-to-date SEO techniques reap the benefits of appearing at the top of search results.
Onsite SEO refers to optimizations made on a website to make it more readable, crawlable, and content rich. The main purpose of onsite SEO is to make sure your website is optimized for the keywords that are most appropriate for your industry and area. These are the keywords that you wish to be found in the search engine results when folks are searching for what you have to offer as a business. There is a lot to onsite SEO and people working on their own websites often overlook steps so it’s best to outsource your SEO to a professional. There are hundreds of small changes that can be made in the course of a campaign, as SEO is very much an ongoing process. Here is a checklist of the things Shayla Does It Marketing Services uses for on-site SEO techniques that are in accordance with Google recommendations:
- Page Titles & Meta Descriptions
- Page Content & Descriptions
- Site Speed
- URL structure
- Current Content
- Mobile Optimization
Offsite SEO refers to strategies made on external sites – or links. The Interweb you know today operates through links. When Google decides which website to show a searcher, one of the factors it considers is how trustworthy a site is. This is determined by the number external websites linking to your site and the amount of links that one site is sending. Directory listings (sites that list local florists, services, etc.) are a quick way to build links to your site.
Another link building strategy is content marketing. This involves creating a piece of content (article, blog, infographic, video, etc.) to host on another site with a link pointing back to your website. Relevant content marketing with engaging content that users want will always have a place in digital marketing. Throwing up a 400 word “article” to post on an unpopular site, also called “guest blogging,” can put your site at risk of a Google penalty which will remove your site from appearing as a result to searches.
Also, don’t buy any links. This is a big no-no with Google. Earn your links organically.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
Yes, social media matters when it comes to SEO. Day by day, social media sites are increasing their authority in search engine marketing, so you need to be active on more than just Facebook! The almighty Google takes social media into account when forming page rankings, mostly in the form of links and activity. This is commonly referred to around the web as “link juice”. If you have a lot of link juice from different social media sites that consistently link to your website, you will be creating an ongoing flow of traffic which contributes towards your Google ranking. The 7 most popular ranked social media sites today are: (reference: http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/social-networking-websites)
Why Do You Need SEO?
It’s simple. There is an industry in SEO because it’s a full-time job. When a company, such as Shayla Does It, works on a client’s site, it shouldn’t be optimized one time and then left alone. SEO is an ongoing process of developing new content, keywords, and blogs to reach your customer as Google continues to update its algorithms. SEO dramatically changes almost every year and the strategies used when your site was built a couple of years ago aren’t going to work today. Many people say that SEO is dead, but it has merely evolved into a different creature. SEO used to be about tricking search engines, now it’s about communicating with them clearly. So hire Shayla Does It for your SEO needs. We’ll be your sandwich maker.
It’s normal for people to want instant results in this age of fast food, online shopping and texting. On the internet people are naturally impatient, and websites that take too long to load are often abandoned. Also in the world of SEO, there will be some clients who want instant results, and unfortunately some SEO companies give them what they want, or more accurately what they think they want.
These clients get the instant improvements they want with paid traffic or paid backlinking, only to find out later on that Google does not agree with the SEO methods employed. After a few weeks of getting a lot of traffic, they realize that their website no longer appears on Google’s search results at all. They lose all their traffic, perhaps forever.
Proper SEO requires organic growth. Basically what this means is that you want your website to become popular with search engines in a way that seems natural and inevitable. Google prides itself on being the search engine that gives its users the websites they’re looking for. The best SEO services act as a bridge that helps Google recognize the real utility of your website for potential visitors. This is why developing an organic, aggressive marketing plan including monthly SEO & Link Building Services is necessary to increase search engine results and page rankings.
Reasons why a monthly SEO & Link Building campaign needs time to generate rank improvement:
- Organic traffic is necessary – Google doesn’t want instant improvements (i.e. paid submissions, traffic, or backlinks). Google hates it when you suddenly shoot up in the rankings. They’ll know you tried to manipulate your rankings and they’ll penalize you for it, and in most cases they’re right to be suspicious. For example, if you have a thousand new backlinks or hits to your website overnight, that’s obviously artificially generated. They want to see organic growth over time. SEO is a marathon, not a sprint!
- Backlinks – Google checks backlinks because they are a sign of your website’s relevance and helpfulness. It’s as if other people have found the info in your website so compelling that they link to your website on their own sites. Google algorithms know this is a natural occurance; a few links per week as opposed to thousand websites discovering and linking to your website all at once.
- Website Updates – It takes time to register changes to your website. Part of a proper SEO plan should be to optimize your website for search engine results through keywords, alt image tags, search engine descriptions, meta tags, etc…. Your SEO company should make changes to your website and site map when Google makes changes to their algorithms (filters) that may affect your ranking results. Keep in mind that Google doesn’t monitor your website on a 24/7 basis. In other words, the Google bots roaming the Internet and noting the features of all the websites in cyberspace may not come back to your website for a while. Therefore the changes you’ve made may not register with Google right away and may take months to register in their database.
- Keyword searches – Part of SEO is to optimize your website and set it up properly with specific keywords that are repeated in a strategic way throughout your website. Keywords take months or longer to generate enough popularity to show up on a search result. Many businesses think their business name should show as a top search engine result immediately, but Google considers a business name to be a keyword. Domain names help to “speed up” the process but it still takes time. Getting to the top of a Google search requires an aggressive marketing plan.
- Complete Online Presence – Google wants to see organic traffic coming from different kinds of websites, including social media sites and other search engine sites. They will recognize how many social media sites you are on and how active you are on them (i.e. facebook, pinterest, etc…). They give some social media sites more page rank than others. Google also wants to see that you have a profile submitted and claimed on all search engine sites. They recognize traffic and reviews that come from those sites (i.e. yellowpages, yelp, bing, etc…)
SEO is competitive. This is why monthly SEO & link building services are so important to continue to draw organic traffic to your website and improve your rank in search engine results. For more information on SEO & link building services, please contact Shayla Does It Business Services.
If you want to appear on the front page of Google search engine results, you must have an organic, aggressive SEO and link building marketing plan. Regardless of your plan, you simply have to accept that improvements in your rankings can take weeks, months or even longer. IN THE BIG INTERNET RACE, SEO IS A MARATHON AND NOT A SPRINT!
Your website is not the Field of Dreams. Just because you build it doesn’t mean people will come to it.
There are some pretty great websites out there but if you can’t find it in a search or on social media then it will not be found. Websites are promoted by sharing your site throughout the “interweb”. 🙂 The more relevant links you have to and from your website, the better looking your site appears to the almighty Google, who determines where you appear in the search engine results. There are many factors they consider when calculating your website’s “page rank”. Although their search algorithms change often, some factors remain the same, such as:
- Domain Longevity
- Website Optimization (keywords tied to images, page content, and page titles)
- Relevant Outgoing Links
- Relevant Links to your website
- Consistent Organic Incoming Traffic
- Complete Online Presence (social media, blogging, review sites, etc…)
- Activity level of Online Presence
You built it so you want people to come, right? You can make your website the Field of Dreams with SEO & Link Building Services.
The first step is to optimize your website through Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This will set up your website to appear more relevant to Google and other search engines. Some of the process includes assigning keywords to your pages, ensuring they flow with your ALT image tags and title pages, submitting your profile to all search sites, and more techy actions.
Once your website is fully optimized, it will help to possibly appear on the search engine results, but probably never on the first page. If you continue drawing traffic to your site, it will appear higher and higher in the search engine results over time. This is where the need for SEO & Link Building services comes in. This is typically a monthly service that you will outsource to an expert because as a small business owner, you just don’t have the time to keep up with it and probably not even the knowledge. Hey, here’s a good spot to market my business: Shayla Does It offers webdesign, SEO & link-building services!
Even if you don’t use Shayla Does It, ensure that your link builder is doing at least some of the following:
- Creating a blog page on your site and writing/posting blogs on a regular basis with relevant links in the blog.
- Finding blogs in your industry and asking popular bloggers for interview opportunities and links to your site
- Finding industry-related blogs and commenting with links to your blog or site.
- Sharing your blogs in related communities and popular blog or social media sites
- Enhancing your profile on all search engines and review sites (adding all contact info and links to your sites, pictures, etc…)
- Posting positive reviews from their personal site on all “review sites” (i.e. yelp, yellowpages, superpages, facebook, etc…)
- Possibly maintain your social media sites to include links in posts, or at least post to your social media sites with links from their personal site
- There are many more link building opportunities; these are just the tip of the iceberg!
BEWARE of purchasing links because they are typically spam and Google will recognize spam links and penalize your page rank..
“What Google giveth, Google taketh away!”
I hope this blog clarifies SEO & link building a little bit. If you would like more information, don’t hesitate to contact Shayla Does It Business Services and together we can make your site the Field of Dreams!