Christmas shopping is in full swing! As an email marketer, avid shopper, and shameless deal searcher, I feel the need to remind all businesses about the importance of reaching out to your customers on a regular basis, and especially during the busiest shopping months of the year. The holiday season should make up between 20 percent and 40 percent of retailers’ annual sales. But How?
Email marketing is the most effective tactic for driving sales, but don’t take my word for it. When asked which medium consumers would like to receive updates from, 90% preferred an email newsletter, while only 10% chose Facebook.
Quality and consistent communication with your customers can get you closer to that nirvana of people actually looking forward to your message, which greatly increases your return sales. 48% of consumers say that they prefer to communicate with brands via email.
If your business isn’t obtaining email addresses, then begin now! Once you begin, plan to send your first email within 1 month. Customers sign up because they WANT to hear from you. If you are obtaining email addresses then your business should be sending regular emails to your customers. Shayla Does It Business Services recommends weekly, monthly, or quarterly emails with different subject matter to mix it up and keep your audience interested.
72% of consumers sign up for emails because they want to get discounts, but only 8.2% sign up because they love the brand. Your customers opted in to receive emails from you and while they will expect to receive discounts and giveaways, they also want to get to know your business through fun newsletters, contests, reminders, bios, and education. Keep it personal and fun whenever you possibly can!
Still not convinced to begin an email marketing campaign? Maybe more facts will blow your mind:
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25.
- When marketed through email, consumers spend 138% more than people who don’t receive email offers.
- 48% of emails are opened on a mobile device.
- 91% of consumers use email at least once a day.
- On a daily basis, US consumers interact with about 11 brands through email, compared to ~9 brands via Facebook, and ~8 brands via Twitter.
- 44% of consumers made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email they received.
- Email conversion rates are three times higher than social media, with a 17% higher value in the conversion.
- There are 4.3 billion people that have email. This is approximately half of the world’s population that have email.
- Roughly half of an email list will be active – people either opening or clicking on emails.
- 27% of consumers were more likely to say their favorite companies should invest in more email.
Many business owners don’t have the time or marketing expertise it takes to design a professional email campaign that will track statistics to generate results through increased sales. Hire a reputable marketing company such as Shayla Does It Business Services to handle all of your marketing needs. If you are going to begin an email campaign, make sure it is done effectively because the first impression is crucial.